Thursday, August 23, 2018

Memories

Memories... They can be so good and also so bad, but they frame our lives.  They are necessary.  So easy to forget at times, but also so difficult to get out of your head at other times.


Four days ago, August 19, began a short, but intense series of bad memories for me.  All the way through the first week of September, I will be unable to forget.  I will be sad, I will grieve, I will regret some things, I will probably still ask why about others. 

August 19th, two years ago, was when Seth and I found out the baby in my womb no longer lived.  Two years ago tomorrow, I had surgery, a D&C, to take my child's body from mine.  At this time seven years ago, my Daddy was lying in a hospital bed with his mind unclear and his body diminishing rapidly daily.  He passed away seven years ago September 2.  He was buried on his birthday, September 6.  There are also a few more different and private events that occurred in my life that week but in a different year that also had a very lasting, negative impact on my life. 

But God will bring me through.  I didn't say He would let me skip over it or that He would suddenly erase those things from my memory.  It hasn't happened yet, and I doubt it will over the next couple of weeks.  But He will be with me THROUGH it, like He always has been and always will be.  I will feel His presence, deep inside my soul, and in the comfort of my husband, my family, my friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment